Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Last Updated . Click "Updates" above to see the latest.
Take a trip back to the Stone Age with Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble! This fun little set includes the Flintstones' famous car, and the "Welcome to Bedrock" sign!
As you all know, The LEGO Group produced a line of building sets for the popular Hanna-Barbera cartoon series, Scooby-Doo in 2015. These were fantastic sets that really captured the fun of the original show, but ever since these were first announced, I've always wondered, "What about The Flintstones?"
The Flintstones was a cartoon show by Hanna-Barbera that ran from 1960 to 1966. It took place completely in the stone age and starred a caveman, his family, and their neighbor's family as it follows their many adventures in Bedrock.
The closest LEGO ever got to The Flintstones is in the franchise-mixing video game, LEGO Dimensions. Bedrock can be explored as a secret area when accessed by The Doctor's TARDIS in the second level. But through this project, we can make a real-life, physical LEGO The Flintstones product a reality!
So, looking at the set...
- First of all, yes, the car is dark red. You may see it sometimes depicted in brown, but I've always found it to look kind of red in the actual cartoon, which was my reference for this set.
- The car's top can be rotated forward and back a bit, as can the dashboard.
- A long axle goes through the wheels, allowing for easy rolling (just don't use it as a rolling pin ;) )
- Seats a driver and a passenger (based on its earliest design when usually only Fred and Barney would ride it)
- Also includes sign reading "Welcome to Bedrock, Pop. 2500"
- Includes two minifigures: Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble.
(About the minifigures, I know Barney is supposed to be shorter than Fred, but the short leg piece does not allow for posing. He needed regular legs so he could sit down in the car. Also, I would've loved to include other main characters like Wilma, Betty, Pebbles, Bam-Bam, etc., but more than two minifigures just seemed like too many for the set's size.)
And that's about it! Thank you for looking at my first project, and if you like what you see, please be sure to support this and tell your friends!
YABBA DABBA DOO!