Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Last Updated . Click "Updates" above to see the latest.
This is my Spinosaurus skeleton project, which I built out of my T-rex skeleton. This model shows a Spinosaurus hunting for a sawfish in the water.
It is based on the exhibit that can be seen in National Geographic Museum in Washington DC, which was built according to the latest scientific research.
Spinosaurus (meaning "spine lizard") is a genus of theropod dinosaur that lived in what now is North Africa, during the lower Albian to lower Cenomanian stages of the Cretaceous period, about 112 to 97 million years ago. (wikpedia)
He was over 50 feet long, 20 feet high and weighing in at 6 tons, Spinosaurus is the largest predatory dinosaur to ever roam the Earth — even bigger than T. rex.
Spinosaurus first came to light more than 100 years ago when German paleontologist Ernst Stromer von Reichenbach discovered a partial skeleton in Egypt. These Spinosaurus fossils were displayed in a museum in Munich. All bones were destroyed in World War II. (nationalgeographic.com)
Spinosaurus is unique in many different ways. It is the largest predatory dinosaur known to date, but more importantly it is the first dinosaur showing unmistakable adaptations for a semi aquatic lifestyle. It looked really different from other predatory dinosaurs: long narrow jaws, long neck, giant "sail" on the back, paddle-like feet…
He lived in a large river system, full of giant fish, crocodile-like predators, turtles etc – abundant prey for a dinosaur that can hunt in the water. These unique adaptations for fish eating allowed Spinosaurus to coexist with other (more typical) predatory dinosaurs. (yes-morocco.blogspot.de)
Please click on the images, to see them in HD. You can find all images on my Flickr album.
This project includes 378 pieces.
- flexible tail
- Movable arms and legs
- Movable neck and skull
- Movable lower jaw
- platform with an information display
- a sawfish
- a young boy with a camera
Now it's up to you. Vote for my project and make the dream come true.
Please also look at my other projects and consider supporting and sharing them with your friends! :D
- LOTR - Barad-dûr Ultimate Collector's Set (3.168 supports*)
- LOTR - Rivendell Part 1 (Relodead)
- LOTR - Rivendell Part 2 (1.105 supports*)
- LOTR - Rivendell Part 5 (1.646 supports*)
- LOTR - Rivendell Part 6
- LOTR - Rivendell (1.202 supports*)
- LOTR - Doors of Durin
- Minas Morgul
- The Hobbit - Halls of Thranduil
- The Hobbit - Dale (1.182 supports*)
- The Hobbit - Dale expansion set
- The Hobbit - The Side-door of Erebor
- The Hobbit Ravenhill
- Hobbit Showdown at Ravenhill
* on July 23, 2015
Thank you for your attention.