The Martian Rover
Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Mark Watney is stranded on Mars.
But there is hope...
YOU can help Mark survive with this Rover play set! Help him locate the Pathfinder robot and enable him to send messages back to Earth. This rover design is movie accurate and looks great either as a display model or a playable toy.
This set has many playable features which encourages narrative play, including:
- opening cockpit
- rover articulation
- cargo crane
- oxygen tanks
- Pathfinder robots
- message sign
- tool kit
Playing with the Mark Watney minifigure, you can drive the rover, load and unload the two cargo sections, help him fix Pathfinder and set up communication signs to transmit back to Earth. The design of the rover uses minimal parts.
Some possible items to improve:
- Printed cockpit computer tile
- Pearl gold-coloured wheel hubcaps
- Printed "Are you receiving me?" sign
- Using swivel articulation instead of ball joints for the rover chassis?
Thank you for looking at my design. If you have any questions please ask!