RC 4x4 Jeep Wrangler Trailcat
Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
The real Trailcat is what happens when Jeep designers go crazy and stuff the 707 HP engine from Dodge Challenger Hellcat into Jeep Wrangler, along with giant wheels and a whole bunch of upgrades. My project is an attempt at a simple 4x4 off-road crawler that could be turned into an affordable LEGO Technic set. Think of it as of the 9398 Crawler set on a budget: pretty much the same functionality in a considerably smaller package.
The functions are as follows:
- 4x4 drive without differentials
- oscillating axles suspension with long travel
- full remote control with LEGO Power Functions
- a cabin with simple interior and opening doors
- simple but robust chassis and lightweight body: final weight is only 888 grams including batteries
I hope you will consider supporting this project. It's high time we finally saw a Technic LEGO Ideas set.