Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
From Billund to Bangkok...
All the leaves are brown
And the sky is grey
Minifigures have been for a walk
On a winter's day
You could be safe and warm
If you were in L.A.
Transport yourself to the sun & surf and build this replica of California’s iconic Los Angeles County lifeguard tower.
Built to scale with many amazing features including:
- Removable roof granting access to lifeguard essentials
- Moveable windows and doors to shade from sun and protect from
- Palm trees providing shade for a nice read
- Pesky seagulls hunting for food
- Beachgoer accessories including inner tube and ice cold drinks
- Lifeguard accessories including first aid kit and emergency flotation
- Minifigures – 2 tourists, 2 lifeguards (give Series 2 & 12
ones a home)
Some fun facts about the real lifeguard towers:
- 158 lifeguard towers line
the Los Angeles County coastline
- The American flag is flown to indicate the tower is occupied
- A red flotation device (known as a can) attached to the building
indicates the lifeguard is inside - not on the sand or in the water
- A bucket is always placed at the base of the ramp to wash sand and
salt off the feet of the lifeguards
- The structures are moveable by tractor
Thanks to Los Angeles Magazine for these fun facts.
Since the 1950’s this small simple structure has inspired artists from generation to generation. Now it is your turn…
Red bathing suit not required, however David Hasselhoff, Pamela Anderson, or the rest of the Baywatch crew may say otherwise --
(Special shout out to Michael Deleon for the amazing photography - www.michaeldeleon.net)