Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
This isn't your grandma's Oldsmobile!
The 1970 Olds 442 was one of the most powerful muscle cars of its time. Comfortable enough to drive to work every day but still fast enough to win drag races on the weekend, it quickly became an iconic American muscle car. I built this model to share the 442 with other people and also to have fun building a model of one of my favorite cars. It would make an awesome set because it has a great balance between scale detail and durability, making it perfect for both display and play!
When displacement bans were released in 1970, Oldsmobile made their 455 "Rocket" V-8 engine standard on all 442's. With the addition of the W-30 performance package, 442's cranked out 370 horsepower and over 500 lb-ft of torque! W-30 cars could run the quarter mile in under 14 seconds at well over 100 mph, no small feat for a 2-ton car.
- Crash-test proven durability*
- Opening doors, trunk, and hood
- Removable convertible top
- Black car has steering that locks in the middle position for easier play
- Detailed 455 Rocket V-8 engine and interior
- Chrome trim and movable chrome shifter
- Red car has optional W-30 striping package
Length: 330 mm
Width: 128 mm
Height: 93 mm
*I've thoroughly crash-tested both models to meet a very high standard of durability. Tests included a rollover test, side impact test, front impact test, frontal offset test, and rear impact test. I also ran the cars off a ramp and dropped them from a height of 30 cm to ensure the durability of the undercarriage.