Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
The Concert Grand Piano, one of the most complex instruments of all time, is now in Lego form.
Built entirely from 2798 authentic LEGO bricks, it accurately captures the mechanical details of a real piano, featuring:
- Removable keyboard with 25 independent working keys, each key connects to its own hammer.
- Working damper and pedal function.
- 25 strings.
- Realistic piano lid which can be open either half stick of full stick.
- Realistic fall board with a soft close.
- Removable music stand.
- Height adjustable piano bench.
- Self-playing function enabled by adding PowerFunction, which allows keys to play at different tempos and rhythms.
- Realistic piano wheels.
Ever since I started learning music, I have always wanted to build a piano out of LEGO bricks. I have also been asked many times by my students about the inner-workings of a piano. I think this will be a great set to teach students about piano mechanics. I've seen many people do it in different ways, but I decided to make my own version, as well as try to make it as similar to a real piano as possible with correct proportions.
Making the LEGO piano playable was my main focus when I designed this model, and at the same time, the most challenging part of the build. Finishing the model and seeing it work smoothly brought me great satisfaction. I spent a long time just siting there playing with the LEGO piano keys, imaging the sounds of a real piano. This is a great example of the creativity and diversity of LEGO bricks.
I think that my miniature piano set is a unique LEGO creation, which will be loved by people of all ages, especially music lovers around the world. This piano creation can also be a great display piece, with the self-play function making it even more outstanding.
Besides retailing in LEGO Stores or toy stores around the world, I can also see the retail potential of this piano model in music stores and art centres, especially in Asian countries where lots of young people learn music.
Thank you for looking at my project, I hope you like it as much as I do. Please support me by telling your friends and family about it. Everyone loves music and LEGO!