Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Last Updated . Click "Updates" above to see the latest.
Join Tintin the reporter on his most amazing adventure: a trip to the Moon!
Tintin was the first person to walk on the Moon, even before Neil Armstrong. Before the Apollo Saturn V, Professor Calculus’ rocket landed on the lunar surface. This model draws inspiration from the two volumes of the space adventure experienced by the characters created by the Belgian cartoonist Hergé: Destination Moon (Objectif Lune, 1953) and Explorers on the Moon (On a marché sur la Lune, 1954). A red and white rocket as iconic as NASA’s vehicles. A combination of the most representative character from the European comic and the most famous European toy.
- Includes 10 minifigures: Tintin, Captain Haddock, Professor Calculus (Tournesol), Thomson and Thompson (Dupond et Dupont) and the same characters with an astronaut suit, plus the dog Snowy (Milou), Tintin’s best friend.
- Open the three removable panels to discover the furnished interior.
- The rocket contains three floors based on Hergé’s drawings and the miniature model used by the artist. The upper room is the cockpit; the central room is the bedroom, kitchen and dining room; and the lower floor is the hold.
- Accessories include a set of tools, a sextant, a magnifying glass, a newspaper, two cups, two walkie-talkies, two books, a pair of scissors, a bottle, two big boxes, Captain Haddocks’s cap and Thomson and Thompson’s canes. This set also includes two pieces of green hair and two pieces of long yellow hair and beards to change Thomson and Thompson’s look.
- It comes with a minifigure display stand with the lunar surface.
- Great for display or role-playing scenes from the iconic comic series.
- This set includes over 2.500 pieces.
- The rocket measures over 31” (79 cm) high.
Thank you very much for your support.