UCS Jurassic Park Explorer
I have always felt there was a lot more The LEGO Group could do with a Jurassic Park license and it's a thrill to hear that they have another chance to do so. I first made this model of the Jungle Explorer from Jurassic Park about 3 years ago. It had all of the features I wanted but it wasn't very durable and didn't have the right proportions. So it sat on my shelf for 2 years before I decided to give it another go. After a few builds, I finally felt I had a model that was strong, durable, fully functioning and had the right proportions. And I love it! It features:
- Independent shock absorbers for each wheel!
- All four doors open and the hatch, too!
- Inside the back is a compartment with a lid. Inside are two flares and a flashlight, all of which can be handled by a minifigure!
- Enough seating for four minifigures!
- Detailed interior includes TV screen and steering wheel - I haven't yet made a sticker for the TV screen but this is definitely what I would love to have in an official kit.
- Adjustable wing mirrors hold the communication antennae.
This model has exactly 541 pieces and measures 8.75 x 4.75 x 5 inches (22 x 12 x 12.5cm). Every piece is a LEGO piece. If I had one request for a new piece - it would be a transparent piece for the roof. I had to leave it open because no available piece looked good enough.
We've seen UCS models of famous Star Wars and Batman vehicles. It seems like a natural step forward to have UCS models of the Jurassic Park Jeep and the Jurassic Park Explorer.
Thank you for considering this project. Feel free to ask me any questions you have.