Anyone can learn to dance - even Lego minifigures!
My wife and daughters love SCD almost as much as Lego, so I promised I would try and get Lego to make an official set! It has huge fun and play potential, and the vibrant colours also make it a striking display piece.
Coach your minifigures in the training room backstage... Make them look FAB-U-LOUS in costume and makeup - don't forget the spray tan! Record their efforts on the dance floor in the LIVE SHOW using the Lego Movie Maker App! Recreate 'Movies Week' and 'Halloween Week', or pick your own theme!
Recreate your favourite moments from past series of the sequin and glitter-filled show! Who will be top of the leaderboard, or in the dreaded dance-off? Who will score the first 10 from the judges? Who's journey will go all the way and end lifting the famous glitter ball trophy?
Set features backstage dressing-room; hinge-out training room, with viewing balcony above; and hinge-out costume-making room and tanning booth (with revolving door and tan selector!), with interview area above.
Front of Stage
- "Light-beams" and giant spinning glitter ball! (thumbwheel on back).
- Band and singers.
- Rotating podium.
- Rotating and posable "spotlights".
- Glitter ball trophy!
- Judges' desk and judges, complete with "light-beams" and scoring paddles (nos.1-10).
- "Lighting" sets (with rotating and posable "spotlights") and scenery sets (attachable/detachable) with "light-beams", to mark out the dance floor.
- Props including a podium, bench and lamp-post.
- Front-row seats for the audience.
- Cameraman - who has to be as nimble as the dancers!
- Hinges open on one side to reveal the training room, complete with door, mirrored walls, barre and boombox, and water-cooler - essential to stay hydrated!
- Above is the balcony area for the dance couples to watch and support the couple performing on the dance floor.
- Hinges open on the other side to reveal the costume-making room, complete with door, tailor's dummy and mirror, rolls of material, sewing machine, swing-out hanging rail, props and tanning-booth (with revolving door and tan-selector).
- Double dressing room with showbiz mirrors and swivel chairs - for hair and makeup.
- Above is the interview area, complete with couches and a TV (can be swapped for a chair) - to review performances and critique technique!
- Strictly 2019 judges - Craig Revel Horwood, Motsi Mabuse, Shirley Ballas and Bruno Tonioli.
- Strictly 2019 presenters - Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman.
- Dance couples.
- Band and singers.
- "Spray-tan guy"!
Thank you for checking out my ideas. Please comment if you like them - show your support, and spread the word! And check back for updates! Thanks again and remember to... KEEP DANCING!