The Renzo Barbera Municipal Stadium, also known as La Favorita stadium, from the homonymous park in which it is located, is a sports facility in Palermo, home to the Palermo Football Club's home football matches, but also to some musical concerts. Inaugurated on 24 January 1932 as a multi-sports center and originally known as the Littorio stadium, based on a rationalist project by the engineer Giovan Battista Santangelo, it was profoundly modified in 1948, and has undergone several more recent renovations, the most important of which in 1984 and 1988 in view of the 1990 World Cup, with the addition of a second ring. It is one of the oldest stadiums in Italy, and its peculiarity lies above all in the structure: the second tier was built on the occasion of the 1990 World Cup in Italy, but it was only supposed to be temporary, which obviously didn't happen, and after 33 years it is still there.
Initially equipped with 15,000 seats, then increased to around 30,000 and over 40,000 seats in 1990, since 2010 with subsequent works undertaken, the facility can accommodate up to 36,365 spectators.
The project is made up of 2155 pieces, and required months of study and digital design before being realised.