Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Last Updated . Click "Updates" above to see the latest.
“For the fashion of Minas Tirith was such that it was built on seven levels, each delved into the hill, and about each was set a wall…” - J.R.R. Tolkien in The Lord of the Rings
What is Minas Tirith?
Minas Tirith is a fictional city from the book Lord of of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien, which is also displayed in the film adaptation directed by Peter Jackson. It is a major setting in most of the third part, return of the king. Minas Tirith is the stronghold of Gondor, and considered the strength of men. It was ruled over by Denethor, as a steward, and later by Aragon, as the true king.
About the Build
This build is made in microscale and contains all 7 levels like the real one. It contains a little under 500 pieces and is fully possible to build, as I have created it using physical bricks in an assortment of colors. It even contains the citadel with the white tree on top. This was created to be a paperweight, although it turned out to be slightly bigger than expected.
The biggest challenge was keeping the round shape and all 7 levels, as well as the spire of stone in the middle.
My favorite part was either the grappling hook used as the white tree, the outer wall, or the stone protruding in the middle.
- This is possible to build, I tested many of the techniques with physical prototypes, although I was unable to line up a few things digitally so some minor things may seem a little off.
- I am not sure if all pieces are available in the colors used, since I built this digitally.
- The 3 stickers in the front were custom designed by me.
- Be sure to check out my other microscale creations, Japanese Garden Paperweight and Modular Medieval Microworld