Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
New Ideas Project Listed!
Some of you were asking if I'd post another project to Ideas, and I said it was coming...and it's here!
Sega Classic Arcade Machines
Check it out!
The project reached 4,000 supporters today! Thanks! Let's get to 5,000!!
Articles Featuring the Food Truck!
Just came across these web articles that wrote about my food truck! Check them out!
Picnic Table Added!
A comment (thanks BrickSmurf!) prompted me to create a small picnic table. I thought it was a good idea - minifigs gotta have a place to eat!
The base for the picnic table matches the sidewalk, and the picnic table can be positioned in the corner of the base or in the center. Additional studs on the base allow easy posing of standing minifigs or attaching props like a trash can.
Featured in BrickJournal Magazine!
My Food Truck was featured in the August 2014 issue of BrickJournal! Let me know if you found out about this project from the article!
Thanks to GlenBricker for writing the article!
You guys rock! Today, the project got to 2,500 supporters! Thank you guys so much!
If you have time, leave a comment on how you found out about this idea! Thanks again!
On May 31st the project reached 2,000 supporters!
Thank you to all who have supported so far! 20% there!
Short video on Vine!
Here's a short video I created on Vine! Feel free to share it everywhere!
Big thanks to all who have supported the project so far!
See larger images on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/swafr/sets/72157626081023629/
Blogged on BrickNerd! http://bricknerd.com/home/mmmmmm-roach-coach-21-2014
Frontpaged on Eurobricks! http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=95869
Follow on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/LegoFoodTruck
Updated Model + New Photos!
First of all, thank you for the support for this project thus far! Please be sure to share it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, or even blogs and food related websites! Even sharing it again will help.
Also, some of the info in the main description is old and from an older version of this website. Lego no longer allows us to edit that description.
This is the 3rd major revision of this model, so let's get to what's new:
- Stronger, redesigned, removable roof. The removable roof is now one plate thicker, making it much stronger. I've also added "handles" to make it easy to know where to hold the roof in order to remove it easily.
- Redesigned snack/display case. The older model used a part that is no longer being produced (1x2x2 panel without side supports). The new display case uses currently-produced Lego parts and is built with interesting SNOT (Studs Not On Top) techniques.
- New wheels. The old wheels have been replaced with the new wheels that have been showing up in 2014 City sets. These wheels are about a 1/4 stud thinner, and thus, do not stick out from the vehicle body as much as the older wheels did. This allowed me to get rid of the front mudguards, making the food truck more accurate (real world trucks of this type do not have mudguards on the front wheels).
- Proposed minifigs: 2 chefs (1 male, 1 female), 2 customers (1 male, 1 female).
- Proposed accessories/food items: hot dog, banana, cherries (1 green, 1 red), carrot, carrot stem, brick-built soda can, money tiles, cell phone.
Set can come with a section of sidewalk where customers can line up:
Side panel in closed position:
Removable roof makes it easy to access the interior:
Fold-out wall increases interior play area:
Proposed minifigs (examples, not final) 2 chefs (1 male, 1 female), 2 customers (1 male, 1 female):
- February 17, 2012: 100 Supporters! Yay!
- December 6, 2012: 500 Supporters!
- September 2, 2013: 1,000 Supporters!
- February 5, 2014: 1,500 Supporters!
- May 31, 2014: 2,000 Supporters!
- August 1, 2014: 2,500 Supporters!
- September 15, 2014: 3,000 Supporters!
Thank you all who have supported the project so far!