Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
The rooms of the Irish Oak Hotel are so popular you'll need the luck o' the Irish to get one!
The Irish Oak Hotel would make a great Lego set because it is architecturally interesting, has a highly detailed interior and includes a wide variety of minifigures. It will provide accommodation for your minifigures and is a great display piece.
The Irish Oak Hotel is a corner modular building that is supposed to be a modern interpretation of a medieval Irish castle. Many Irish castles have been turned into hotels, which is where the inspiration for this modular comes from.
The Irish Oak Hotel is unique as it has a more homely and personalised atmosphere. Guests can be entertained with traditional Irish music by the proprietors, sit by the fire and have a chat or explore the charming building whenever they wish.
The building is made of 3 floors, plus the roof. The first floor is the reception and drinks area(no alcohol), the second and third floors are guest rooms. Both second and third floors have 3 rooms, so there is a total of 6 rooms. (4 small rooms and 2 large rooms).
- The entire building features brick details using 1x2 ingot pieces.
- Chain pieces (2nd floor) have been used to represent the 'chain pattern' which is present throughout the Celtic culture.
- The middle window of the 2nd and 3rd floor uses an Elves fence piece; the organic look represents the connection to nature also present in Celtic culture.
- This connection to nature is also found in the ornamental Oak tree on the corner (ground floor) which is where the name for this project comes from.
- Binocular pieces are used for greebling in the 3rd floor
- Tap pieces are used for the roof
- The battlements on the roof continue the castle theme
- There are two entrances, both with wooden doors and golden bar handles
- The entrances also feature a lion carving and green flag
- There are torches on either side of both entrances with green 'flames', again showing the castle theme
- The large HOTEL sign has the Irish flag down the side and a shamrock at the top
- The sidewalk features a beautiful tile pattern of two Irish flags,four shamrocks and gold tiles
Interior (First Floor)
- Tongue in groove reception desk: Features opening staff flap, two computers, desk bell,sign-in register with quill
- Key rack
- Guest pigeon-holes (where letters and telegrams for guests are kept)
- Large painting
- Ship painting
- Fireplace with mantel,grate and hot coals
- Fire poker
- Wooden coffee table and armchairs
- Drinks Area: Features cash register, small fridge, glassware dishwasher, sink, shelves with bottles, glasses and mock-tail ingredients
- Hotel registration
- Stairs to next level
Interior (Second Floor)
- Red carpet with gold pattern
- Framed Irish flag
- Map painting
- 1st Small Room includes: Bed,bedside table with lamp, table with telephone, chair,TV,painting
- 2nd Small Room includes: bed,reading lamp, table , floor vase,table (with bag), chair
- Both Rooms include an en-suite bathroom which features hand-held shower head, hot/cold fittings , soap holder and vanity basin
- Large room includes, fireplace with digital clock, TV, chair, table with TV remote,bed, bedside table with lamp and mobile phone (en-suite bathroom is the same as small rooms but includes toilet)
- Stairs to next level
Interior (Third floor)
- The third floor has the same layout as the second except for some color changes, different paintings and different items on tables
- Stairs to roof
- Sideways placed door from stairs.
- Two suits of armor (with oak tree shield)
- Large double-sided Irish flag
Irish Oak Hotel includes 16 minifigures
Patrick (Hotel Proprietor/Manager, includes Irish flute)
Maggie (Hotel Proprietor/Manager, includes fiddle)
Male tourist (with camera and cash)
Boy (son) (with backpack)
Girl (daughter) (with backpack and teddy bear)
*Both include large backpacks and hiking sticks
Female travel writer (with suitcase)
Businessman (with suitcase)
Irish Oak Hotel includes 3000 pieces
Please support and share my project and feel free to check out my other projects