2016 Bugatti Chiron
Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
This is my first project with LDD and LEGO Ideas. I chose to start big with an ambitious project to see what I could achieve.
The Bugatti Chiron is the ultimate super sports car. It was first revealed at the Geneva Motor Show on March 1, 2016 as the succesor to the renowned Bugatti Veyron. It improves the previous iteration with impressive numbers. It features an 8 litre W16 quad-turbocharged engine that delivers 1,500 horsepower and 1,600 Nm of torque. It can accelerate from 0-100 km/h (60 mph) in under 2.5 seconds or from 0-200 km/h (120 mph) in under 6.5 seconds. The Chiron's top speed is electronically limited to 420 km/h (260 mph) for safety reasons.
To me this car represents the best of the best as far as supercars are concerned and I was yet to find a detailed version of it made out of LEGO bricks, so I figured I would give it a try. The lines are not as dynamic as they should be, but overall I think it makes some justice to this beast of a car.
Below are all my project's features.
- Both doors can be opened.
- The front wheels steer together although they aren't connected to the steering wheel (you can turn them manually and they move together).
- The trunk at the front can be opened vertically and it reveals a bag (as does the original Chiron).
- The hood (at the rear) can be opened vertically to see the engine.
- The Spoiler can be adjusted just as in the original car or it can be completely closed (double hinge in a "Z" array).
- The steering wheel position can be adjusted a little bit (ball hinge).
- The seats can be adjuste a little bit.
- The side mirrors can be adjusted.
- Used 1,548 bricks in total.
All the render were done using POV-Ray and LDD to POV-Ray Converter.
Hope you like it.