Ladies and gents, this is the moment you've waited for.
I present to you P.T. Barnum's Circus based on the movie "The Greatest Showman". Come one, come all and join the circus as a performer or an audience member!
About The Building:
The idea features the building once known as P.T. Barnum's American Museum of Curiosity as seen in the earlier acts of the movie. The building was then renamed and revamped into P.T. Barnum's Circus, which is what this idea is based on.
The interior of the building houses the circus which includes many details such as the circus ring, trapeze act, overhang/balcony, and much more. Additionally, I have incorporated a few movie related Easter eggs in this idea. Find them if you can!
"Oh, Mr. Bennett. That word you used to describe my show? Has a nice ring to it."
- P.T. Barnum
Length: 61 Studs
Width: 40 Studs
Height: 29 Studs
This idea features 2849 pieces.
About The Circus:
Colossal we come these renegades in the ring! The idea features 11 Minifigures to help recreate iconic scenes from the movie. Although I would like to add more Minifigures, the idea only includes characters that were part of or associated with the circus.
Characters featured in this idea, from left to right:
1. P.T. Barnum, 'Comfort, the enemy of progress'.
2. Phillip Carlyle, 'They come to see you. Your crazy ideas...your new acts, the unusual'.
3. Anne Wheeler, 'Whatever happened to thriving off controversy?'
4. Lettie Lutz (The Bearded Lady), 'Maybe it was just about making a buck. But you gave us a real family'.
5. Charles Stratton (Tom Thumb), 'I won't let the shame sink in'.
6. O'Clancy (The Irish Giant)
7. James Gordon Bennett, 'I never liked your show. But I always thought the people did'.
8. Mr. O'Malley (The Ticketmaster), 'Welcome to the Barnum Museum, where everyone's special'.
Recreate memorable moments from the movie:
The building is fully opened from the rear to allow you to view the circus and recreate iconic scenes within the interior of the building. Additionally, you are able to easily access the interior by swinging out sections of the building.
With ease of access into the building, you are able to recreate memorable scenes from the following songs:
• Come Alive (Featured in image 8):
- "You can prove there's more to you, you cannot be afraid. Come Alive!"
• This Is Me (Featured in image 9):
- "I am brave, I am bruised, I am who I'm meant to be. This is me!"
• Rewrite The Stars (Featured in image 10):
- "How do we rewrite the stars? Say you were made to be mine?"
The Greatest Showman is one of my favourite musical movies of all time. An official LEGO set portraying a musical movie would definitely have great play and display potential. Additionally, I believe that my faithful recreation of P.T. Barnum's Circus will appeal to fans of the movie. Even if one has not watched the movie before, I believe this idea will be a great LEGO display piece on anyone's shelve if it were to become an official set.
The journey of creating this idea was an enjoyable one as it allowed me to rewatch the movie many times to capture as many details of the building as possible. Although enjoyable, this build has its challenges at the same time. However, I persevered through those challenges as I wanted the idea to be faithful to the original source material.
I hope that this idea will be enjoyed by fans of the movie. Even if you are not, I hope that this idea will introduce you to one of my favourite musical movies.
A support for this idea would be greatly appreciated!
"The noblest art is that of making others happy".
- P.T. Barnum
Dedicated to the amazing cast and crew for making my favourite musical movie of all time.