Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
The Piper Clipped Wing Cub was a popular aerobatic plane often seen at 1950s airshows.
I find it a captivating vintage aircraft, as it was essentially a "sport version" of the famous J-3 Cub. Its short-span Reed clipped wing gave it improved roll and handling characteristics, which allowed it to perform graceful aerobatic maneuvers.
With the lack of aircraft in Lego's Creator Expert / 18+ line in recent times, I feel this eye-catching, large-scale plane would make a great addition to any Lego vehicle fan's collection and would look splendid sitting on the shelf next to Lego's Sopwith Camel.
- Spinning propeller
- Removable engine cowling with Continental engine hidden underneath
- Opening cockpit doors and detailed cockpit
- Moveable control surfaces, including rudder with linked steering to the tailwheel, elevator and ailerons
- Optional wheel fenders allow you to customize the appearance of your model
- Colorful scheme based on the iconic starburst pattern popularized by 1950s aerobatic pilot Hazel Sig
- Impressive size of 66 cm (wingspan) by 61 cm (length)
- 1500+ parts
Thanks for reading to the end, don't forget to support and share this project if you like it! Every vote counts!