Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Robby the Robot is one of the most iconic classic Sci-Fi characters in movie history. First seen in the 1956 movie Forbidden Planet, it went on to star in several more movies and had cameo appearances in TV shows like Lost In Space and Mork & Mindy. Forbidden Planet was entered into the US Library of Congress' National Film Registry, being deemed "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant"
This submission includes:
- Robby the Robot, ready to be built having just returned from giving himself an oil job.
- A multi-part background scene including a blue rock outcrop, a space station building on Altair IV, a star, nebula, and ringed planet that can be set up in different ways to best show off the set in your available space.
I was inspired to build this model after getting the newish clear dome piece in a Ninjago flyer and being struck by how its shape matched that of Robby's head. While building, I decided to try and replicate the feel and elements of the Forbidden Planet movie poster, with some background scenery.
The model should appeal to lovers of Sci-Fi, and classic movie icons. It is of relatively small size compared to many Ideas submissions, but with a challenging internal build with many SNOT and other building techniques, and includes a stylised planet scape to add some colour and variety to the build and display. Robby's legs, arms and fingers are poseable.