Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Voltron: Defender of the Universe
Lion Force Voltron (Voltron of the Far Universe)
For more than 30 years Voltron has been defending the Universe in various forms. Also known as Beast King Go Lion, the Lion Force Voltron is one of three main evolutions of the anime cartoon, comic and toy.
Remembering Voltron fondly from my childhood and seeing various updates that have occurred over the years and even a live action movie in the works, I decided to have a go at making my own Voltron.
I've created a fully-transforming 5-lion version of Voltron. This isn't a rendering - it works 100%
- All the lions separate with the Black Lion being larger and forming the body for the Voltron Robot form.
- In robot form Votron is about 35cm/14in tall
- In robot form the arms and legs are poseable and the mouths of the red and green lions form the hands.
- All the lion vehicles have fully articulated legs and moving tails and heads.
- The Red and Green lions are articulated at the waist to allow more movement when in robot form.
- The power sword is a separate accessory that clips on to the right arm
- The micro figs do not fit into the lions - they are just for show!
I displayed the model recently and got good recognition both form adults who remember Votron like me, and from younger kids who must have seen the updated cartoons or comics.
In terms of product potential this set could be broken into 5 smaller sets, although that is not what Ideas normally does. The colored lions would all have a similar part count and are a similar size to the Chima Legend Beast sets (without a minifig) which retails for $10 in the US. The black lion has more than double the part count of these - I'd estimate a $60US price point, although I'm sure it could be built more efficiently that I've done.