NEBULON-B ESCORT FRIGATE
[You can turn this LEGO design into an actual product: just click in the “support” button (It’s free!). When it gets 10.000 votes, it will be evaluated by The LEGO Group]
[NOTE: This is a resubmission of the project “Redemption: Nebulon-B Escort Frigate”. If you supported this model before April 30th 2015, your vote has expired, so I will recommend you to support it again in this new project]
Despite all the sets released along more than a decade, there are still some STAR WARS ships unreleased as LEGO sets. This idea is for a playset/collectors set based on one of them, the Nebulon-B escort frigate.
My project follows the same scheme than previous sets based on capital ships:
- 6211 Imperial Star Destroyer
- 7665 Republic Cruiser
- 8039 Venator-Class Republic Attack Cruiser
- 10198 Tantive IV
- 7964 Republic Frigate
- 10221 Super Star Destroyer
- 9515 Malevolence
- 75055 Imperial Star Destroyer
- 75106 Imperial Assault Carrier
This ship could be seen at the end of “The Empire Strikes Back”, and also in the space battle of Endor in “The Return of the Jedi”. It was used by the rebellion as a medical frigate.
Model specifications (note that this could change if the project becomes a product)
- Pieces: 1673
- Measures: 63 x 17’5 x 37’5 cm
Has other previous sets, it contains some playable sections inside that not alter the external appearance. This includes:
- The surgery suite, with a stretcher for Luke and a window to see the galaxy (or your playroom)
- Removable main bridge with space for a minifigure.
- Bacta tank storage.
- Empty section behind the engines with space for a small Hoth rebel carrier.
- It contains also a scaled mini Millenium Falcon.
I have also included some minifigures for collector’s appeal:
- [NEW] Luke Skywalker (Prosthetic hand)
- [NEW] Princess Leia Organa (Nebulon-B dress)
- [NEW] Lando Calrissian (Han Solo’s robes)
- [NEW] C-3PO (Chrome silver leg)
- [NEW] FX-7
(The Lando and Threepio minifigures aren’t required, but a set like this could be the best chance to get those minifigure variants)
Thanks for Reading, I hope you like this project.