Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Feel like a famous inventor and scientist in the incredible Steampunk universe! Build a living beetle from wood and gears. But don't let it get away - you won't catch it if it flies off!
Building and development
In addition to fantasy and Middle Ages, I am also a big fan of steampunk.
The first version of this beetle was made a few years ago and got positive feedback. However, I constructed it from scratch, so it didn't have any features except unique design. On reflection, I decided that it would make a worthy project for IDEAS, but needed to be refined. I removed any "illegal" connections, improved the forewing (Elytra) connection points, changed the design of the legs, and above all, added movable wings. For verification of the structure I built it in LDD.
- * Opening Elytra
- * Wings move when you press the lever
- * Detachable wings
- * Flexible joints on the legs
- * Display stand and tool kit to look after the mechanism
- General 447
- Beetle 383
- Supporting tools 64
Only you can make this project become a real LEGO set!
Please support and tell your friends!