Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Twin- engine jet
Airplanes are fascinating machines and they are full of mechanics- almost in every single part. Inspired from them, my entry model is a training airplane, equipped with twin jet engine and bottom air intake. This is military type plane but it carries no weapons. It is for pilots' training and aerobatic maneuvers only- for example, U.S Navy Blue Angels. Model is made with my own LEGO® Technic parts from different sets. As features, it has manual controlled ones; I hope you will like it:
- Wings ailerons and retractable main landing gears
These two functions are controlled by the jet engine nozzles and selected by a blue clutch shifter. Landing gears and wheels are fully fitted into the fuselage and wings. Their movement is synchronized and works simultaneously. Unfortunately airplane is too heavy to stand on its own “legs” and needs a stand.
- Dual- tail rudders and in- flight refuel system
Independently controlled by two small black tooth wheels- one is right behind the cockpit and the other on the plane’s upper body.
- Wings flaps and air brakes
These two features’ operation is packed in one central lever. It has 4 positions:
- No flaps extended and no air brakes panels deployed;
- Flaps extend at 80%;
- Flaps extend at 100% and air brakes deploy at 50%;
- Flaps extend at 100% and air brakes deploy at 100%.
My design idea was to save space and make the operations more realistic and correctly from aviation point of view.
- Breaking parachute
This feature is only a detail. It can be attached to the airplane if wanted.
Thank you for your time.
Video demonstration at: