Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Last Updated . Click "Updates" above to see the latest.
The Antarctic Snow Cruiser was a vehicle designed late 1930's, intended to facilitate transport in Antarctica. It has a very interesting and adventurous history.
Cruiser (known as Turtle), a very innovative vehicle, designed to operate at extreme conditions.
Plane (known as Eagle), a Beechcraft D17 Staggerwing type airplane mounted on the roof of the cruiser. (To get the airplane on or off the Cruiser, a ramp of snow was to be built-up to meet the sloping aft deck of the "Turtle".)
The set presents the Arctic Snow Cruiser with a correct minifig scale. All the parts connects fine, the whole vehicle is very stable to grant great playability.
With tons of features the set offer a very good playing for everyone.
Features on brief:
- steerable with built in steering mechanism
- detachable roof tiles at the control room, sleeping quarters, storage room to put minifigs and to play
- hinges allow the trunk lid to be raised
- usable spare wheel (located in the trunk)
- engine room
- equipped interior, furniture, machines to play
- easy to detach the plane
- highly realistic to the original vehicle
- minifig scaled plane with pilot
- detachable cockpit roof
- movable ailerons
- storage boxes for equipment (with door lock)
- adjustable suspension
- highly realistic to the original staggerwing
Five minifig supported, all has a place in the vehicles:
- Expedition Leader
- Cruiser Commander
Please visit the projects blog page at:
You can find:
history of the cruiser,
and many more pictures.
Please support this project. Thank you.