Sports Racing Car
Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
This is the third of my racing car designs that I have decided to submit as a Lego Ideas project. This shares the F1 car's suspension, albeit significantly modified at the front to take the lower bodywork, but this time comes with a V8 engine. Again, as with my previous projects, this model is designed as a sports racing type concept rather than any particular real life design. Also, as with my other models, it includes several removable body panels.
As I have done in all my model cars so far I have tried to design the cars incorporating full bodywork. Unfortunately, due to the unavailability of certain component parts in Lego (i.e. a large enough windscreen), compromise had to be quite a large part of the project and thus I was unable, as I had wished to do, to design this as a closed in 'Le Mans' type car. I am, however, very pleased with the result but haven't given up working on a full bodied 'Le Mans' type car which may, if successful. become a future project.
The removable bodywork in this design is:
- The nose section (revealing the front suspension).
- The 2 side pod radiator covers.
- The engine cover, air box and fuel tank cover (revealing the engine, gearbox and rear suspension).
- 2 panels on the lower rear bodywork (allowing further access to the rear suspension and gearbox.