Little Shop of Horrors - Play Set
Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Introducing the Little Shop of Horrors LEGO playset.
I created this to be as close as possible to the characters and flower shop set design from the iconic motion picture from 1986. There are four different stages of Audrey II (sprout, budding, flowering, ripened) as well as seven minifigures; Seymour Krelborn, Audrey, Mr. Mushnik, Orin Scrivello D.D S. and singers Crystal, Ronette & Chiffon.
The Flower Shop design includes a scaled recreation of:
- Display windows with the shop logo.
- Showroom, cash register & counters.
- Cold storage & display shelves
- Flower arrangements work area (removable wall)
- Flowers, tools & utensils
- Rear exit to the alley
- Seymour's Bedroom ( Seymour's basement bedroom was squeezed into the space that should have been the stairs leading down to the basement for logistical reasons)
Audrey's arrangement work area has a removable wall and the whole set opens up in the middle for easy access.
Play Set includes:
7 minifigures & Motorcycle
Audrey II sprout & budding figure = 11 pieces
Man-Eating Audrey II figure =68 pieces
World Dominating Audrey II figure = 470 pieces
Flower shop = 1087 pieces
Total pieces = 1625
My inspiration for designing this set comes from re-watching the movie recently as the director's cut was re-released a few years ago. Watching this with the whole family it included a completely different ending to the movie I grew up with. So I was inspired to create the giant World Dominating Audrey II. Once the giant man-eating plant was completed I kept going and designed the whole flower shop.
Getting the detail of the flower shop was surprisingly hard as there were no still images readily available so I was forced to watch the movie frame-by-frame in order to get an accurate idea of the layout and the details of the flower shop.
Ultimately happy with the final design, the overall layout of the shop is a little bit smaller than I would have liked, however, I had to keep the size and piece count in mind in order to make this a viable set for The LEGO Ideas process.