The Mythical Camelot Castle
Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
The Mythical Camelot Castle of Arthurian Legends
After he pulled the magical sword Excalibur from a stone-shaped brick and thus became the rightful King, Arthur built a mythical castle: CAMELOT. In the very center of this castle he put a ROUNDTABLE on which there after the most brave and most noble of all knights sat!
Together Arthur, his trusted advisor the wizard Merlin and the Knights Of The Roundtable set out to search for the legendary HOLY GRAIL!
For all my childhood the original 1990s castle series were my favourite sets! This Fresh take on a LEGO castle is both a tribute to my childhood love for castles and my ongoing fascination for myths and history whilst also paying homage to one of my favourite movies "Monty Python and the Holy Grail", which was released precisely 45 years ago!
The build therefore represents a combination of a modern take on classic LEGO castles and Arthurian inspired fantasy elements, whilst also containing some hidden Monty Python eastereggs!
The whole castle build is centred around a big circular tower containing the famous Roundtable! The top of the tower is designed as open as possible to ensure a good view on the table, whilst also displaying the 8 different coat of arms of Arthur and his noble knights.
Camelot Castle further consists of:
- a circular castle wall with a big gate and 8 smaller towers
- 2 small houses
- a stable with 1 horse
- Merlin's magical laboratory
- a blacksmith's shop
- a big weapons rack
- a small storeroom for supplies
The build has roughly 2600 pieces.
Camelot Castle comes with:
- Arthur, King of the Britons
- Arthur's trusted advisor Merlin
- Arthur's shady nephew Mordred
And the 5 famous knights:
- Sir Percival, the Keeper of the Grail
- Sir Galahad, the Pure
- Sir Lancelot, the Brave
- Sir Bedivere, the Wise
- Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-as-Sir-Lancelot
The build also contains 3 animals:
- Arthur's horse Patsy
- a European Swallow
- a vicious Rabbit