Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Last Updated . Click "Updates" above to see the latest.
This is a replication of Lionel's iconic Red Comet train set. It took hard work to replicate this into Lego Bricks. The Locomotive took a lot of work because of the unique shape in the front. In 2014, I built only the Pullman Car and the Tender​. I decided to call off on building the Locomotive itself. In November of 2016, I took it upon myself to finally do what needed to be done. After I built the Locomotive​, I realized that the ​Observation Car​ should be built. In November of 2016​, I posted this to ​Lego Ideas​ for the first time. Unfortunately, it only got up to ​61 supporters​. Now, ​the Red Comet ​is here again for the world to see!
- 2-4-2 wheel arrangement
- rotating front and back wheels on ​Locomotive
- ​​firebox with large pressure gauges (unprinted)
- Lionel logo ​in front below light (unprinted)
- ladders and handle bars on Tender
- Lionel logo​ in back (unprinted)
- ​Pullman logo and ​numbers on each side of each ​Pullman Car ​on white plates(unprinted)
- Pullman logo and numbers on each side of the ​Observation Car ​on white plates (unprinted)
- ​two pairs of seats with tables in all passenger cars
- luggage containers in all passenger cars
- railing on edges of Observation Car
I noticed on one occasion that the wheels on the Locomotive ​are set apart exactly as if a ​Power Functions ​motor would fit. I will make adjustments one day to where the Red Comet can run on ​Power Functions​. I hope you all enjoyed this! By cheesy. 1/4/2017