Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
New Horizons is an interplanetary space probe that was launched as part of NASA's New Frontiers Program. The spacecraft was launched to study Pluto, its moons and the Kuiper belt, performing flybys of the Pluto system and one or more other Kuiper belt objects (KBOs). It's speed is 16,26 km/s. At this high speed even a dust wire can destroy it.
Pluto and his main satellite, Charon, are located in the Kuiper belt. The Pluto–Charon system is one of the few systems in the Solar System whose barycenter lies above the primary's surface. This and the large size of Charon relative to Pluto have led some astronomers to call it a double dwarf planet. Pluto has four more smaller moons, Styx, Nix, Kerberos, and Hydra.
Did you know that...
- Pluto, Charon, Styx, Nix, Kerberos, and Hydra's names come from the Roman mithology (simillar to the Greek one)?
- New Horizons space probe safely encountered Pluto on 14th of July 2015?
- before this mission, the best image of Pluto was a pixelated one?
In my opinion, this project would be a great Lego set because it symbolise an important and unic event in space exploration.
Leaving a support on the project will help it reach the 10,000 support goal, if this goal is reached it will be reviewed by the Lego Ideas team as a potential set. Supporting is 100% free and you don't have to buy the set if it is made.