Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
MacGyver: Join MacGyver and Penny as they take the cherished Coffin Jet Ski for some fun at the Lake!
MacGyver was one of the most popular TV shows of the late 80s. During its 7 seasons, the series followed the adventures of secret agent Angus MacGyver (Richard Dean Anderson), as he employed outrageous and cunning ideas (also known as MacGyverisms) to get himself out of trouble. His masterful use of his treasured Swiss-Army Knife, paper clips, and duct tape, became legendary.
This set features MacGyver's iconic Jeep Wrangler and a trailer carrying the Coffin Jet Ski, featured in this ludricous-yet amazing scene:
Much more could be added (and might yet), but I tried to keep the number of pieces low (this whole set has only about 130 pieces, so it could easily be made into a €/$15-20 set).
- The Jeep rolls freely and has more than enough space for both minifigures to seat side-by-side.
- Small storage area in the back of the Jeep
- The trailer is detachable and will hold in place the coffin.
- The coffin is easily detachable from the trailer and "explodes" (by separating the top-and-back cover, attached only by two studs), revealing the hidden Jet Ski.
- MacGyver can hide inside the jet ski for an increased wow-factor.
For this small-ish sized set, two minifigures seems adequate. Besides the inevitable MacGyver, I like the idea of having Penny Parker (Teri Hatcher) in the set, not only because she is a likable side-kick but also because Teri Hatcher went on to become a star in her own right. An expanded ensemble would have to feature at the very least Pete Thornton, Jack Dalton and, of course, the arch-enemy Murdoc.
Do check other MacGyver sets already featured in Ideas:
And if you have the time, check out my other Ideas Projects: