Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
In the Lego City there are many building machines, but I never found a tower crane with dimensions suitable for the City having a realistic simulation of a crane mechanism.
So I've decided to build my own tower crane, using my available bricks (so why the colours blue and black), the most similar to a real tower crane. It has the following features:
- pulley block for double fall with additional pulley for 4 falls,
- hoisting winch,
- trolley winch,
- slewing table,
- platform, counter weight (for it I've used a pair of old weights of my locomotive 12V),
- intermediate balconies.
The max movements of the load are: 300 mm in height and 230 mm in length.
After my creation, I've decided to design it in Lego Digital Designer, in order to show something with a better image. I decided to switch the colour from blue to yellow, much more typical colour for this kind of machines.
The crane is composed by 247 bricks, including two workers.