Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
This LEGO Ideas set is based on one of my favourite Disney movies: Atlantis: The Lost Empire.
Set in the early 1900’s, the film follows a young linguist named Milo Thatch who dreams of one day fulfilling his grandfather’s dream of finding the lost city of Atlantis.
This set builds the climactic battle of the film, centred around the ‘Gyro-Evac’ balloon which Rourke and Helga try to use to steal Princess Kida and the crystal. They aim to use the shaft of a dormant volcano to reach the surface with their treasure, but not if Milo, the expedition specialists and the Atlanteans can stop them.
The set includes the balloon and four additional vehicles and many features:
- Minifigures included are Commander L.T. Rourke, Helga Sinclair, Milo Thatch, Audrey Ramirez, Joshua Sweet, Princess Kida (crystal form) and two expedition soldiers
- The ‘Water-Vat’ tanker truck is modular in construction and the tank on the back opens up at the top just like in the movie. The space inside is sufficient to contain the crystal chamber, plane and some other accessories.
- The troop transport truck has a winch to load up the crystal chamber to take it away from the city to the volcano shaft
- The crystal chamber opens up to put the Princess Kida minifigure inside
- Recreate the aerial battle with the plane and flying ‘Aktirak’ stone-shark
- The balloon has six spinning propellers and many bombs which can be dropped
The model contains approximately 1140 pieces.
Please check out some more sets based on the movie on my page and thank you for your support!