Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Support this and Release the Kraken!
Like a lot of Lego fans, I had always wanted a Kraken for my Lego ships.
This project is me trying to make that childhood fantasy into reality!
If you want a Lego Kraken too, vote now by clicking the Support button~! :D
What is a Kraken?
The Kraken is a legendary sea monster that resembles a giant cephalopod.
With shipwrecking tentacles, the Kraken had been sailor's worst nightmare for centuries.
This set features an octopus like Kraken model. It’s scale to Lego ship is based on the depiction in folktales, ancient illustrations, and pop-culture depictions ( e.g. in the Pirates of the Caribbean).
Kraken model features:
- Eight tentacles with many joints
- Tentacles suckers and texture details
- Slit eyes made with lever parts
- Huge mouth under the body. Can fit minifigures inside
The set also has a Viking Long-ship with Viking warrior minifigures. The ship features
- Brick-built foldable Viking sails
- Breakable mast for sinking effects
- Shields with unique emblem prints
- An elevated platform, for better display and interaction with the Kraken model
I included Vikings in this set because it is fun to see Viking minifigures fighting the Kraken~!
But you can release the Kraken to attack your Lego pirate ships as well :)
10'000 supporters can make this project a real LEGO set. So click the support button if you want to bring this home~!
Share your thoughts and suggestions for this project in the comments!
Cheers from a fellow Lego fan!