Tri-Met MAX (Metropolitan Area Express) Light Rail
Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
TriMet, or Tri-County Metropolitan Transportation District of Oregon is the Portland, OR area's public transportation agency and --according to US Industry data-- Portland is cited as one the top 10 cities ranked among the best in the US for public transportation.
TriMet's MAX light rail is a big part of Portland public transportation and is very recognizable.
I based this model on the Siemens S70 which is one of the newer MAXs in Portland.
I built this MAX because I am a public transportation enthusiast. I've been riding the MAX my entire life and have fallen in love with it.
Here are the details:
- It's based in the TriMet colors of Blue, White and Yellow.
- It bends in two spots like real MAX trains and is completely sealed up.
- The roof comes off (in three parts) to show a detailed interior (except where the Power Functions are).
- Yep, it's motorized!
- And realistic-looking doors.
We hope you'll support us (the minifigs, the MAX, and me)!