Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Last Updated . Click "Updates" above to see the latest.
Raise your sails and explore the coastal water with this Lego sailing yacht, based on modern 32 feet vessels such as the Benetau Oceanis 32 and Hanse 320. It's a great display model for any sailing enthusiast, which transforms in a play set for anyone to enjoy in one easy step!
Sail the salty breeze into the sunset and enjoy ultimate freedom with the entire family!
- Operate rudder by turning the steering wheel
- Includes realistic standard for yacht to rest on as a display model
- Change from display model to playing model in by detaching the keel section
- Adjustable boom
- Remove mast & deck to access the playable interior
- Interior features 2 sleeping cabins (front and starbord rear), a kitchen including sink and oven, navigation table including maritime radio, 2 comfortable couches and a table in the main cabin, a bathroom with sink & toilet, and... plenty of storage
- Includes a ladder and swimming plateau that can be lowered to enjoy a dip in the sea on warm days
- Minifigure scale, includes 4 minifigs: captain, first mate, the kid & his friend. Includes a ship cat, a shark and an inflatable dingy
- Designed to be both realistic & playable, it has many nice cool surprises to enjoy, from cleats to flags and navigation lights
- Made out of 858 bricks, 34 studs long, 14 studs wide, 50 studs high with mast
About the model:
I searched for a cool Lego sailing yacht model. I found a few nice ones (including a cool Elan on a trailer) but not as playable and realistic as I wanted. I started designing in LDD, some of the curves & making the yacht look sleek was a tremendously challenging. Some other challenges were structural integrity & keeping the mast up. The biggest challenge was to cram all the details in a confined, curvy space. In the end, there needed to be some concessions to allow for integrity, detail & playability.
Thanks for your interest & support!!!