Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Last Updated . Click "Updates" above to see the latest.
The Rebel Base on Yavin IV has been discovered by the Empire! Use the cannon turrets to delay the Empire's arrival so that Princess Leia and General Dodonna can discover the Death Star's weakness! Prep the Rebel ships in the hanger! Celebrate a victory in the celebration hall! And more!
This base is a crucial location in Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope. It is the Rebel Alliances' secret base that is almost destroyed by the Death Star. This LEGO version includes many features from the film plus more:
- You can climb a ladder to view the skies in the look-out tower
- Blast enemies under cover using a sniper rifle inside ancient ruins
- Jump inside the turrets and fire flick lasers at your opponents
- Ride the hover cart to get to destinations faster
- Sit in the briefing room to learn how to destroy the Death Star
- Watch and command the Battle of Yavin in the command room on top of the temple
- Raise the blast doors to enter or leave the hanger
- Pull the hanger door out to open up space for more playability
- Use the ladder to climb into your ship
- Make sure your starfighter is fueled before takeoff
- Reload proton torpedoes and flick lasers
- And finally, reenact the final scene from the movie. Award Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, and Chewbacca with their medals of honor and pose for the camera. (Luke, Han, and Chewbacca are NOT included)
- Rebel Technician/Driver
- Wedge Antilles (Pilot)
- Rebel Trooper (x2)
- Jan Dodonna (General)
- Princess Leia Organa (I feel like a new printing should be made. I'm thinking an improved shirt piece, front and back, and leg printings)
This set contains around 1,100 pieces (including minifigure pieces.) I would say that it would be a more expensive set, costing around $100 to $130, but it comes with many unique pieces, rare characters, and has more than enough playability features that make it worth the price.
I hope you guys like this set and are as excited about it as I am! Thank you for your support and I look forward to comments and recommendations!