Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Thank you for viewing my creation!
This is Cyrus McCormick's (Later the founder of McCormick Farmall, a tractor company) Mechanical reaper. This is the most revolutionary invention ever to be created in the field of agriculture. Patented in 1834, this reaper cut harvest time into twelfths. What took 6 men one day to harvest and acre of wheat, the reaper could harvest in one hour. I feel this should be made into a Lego ideas set because it shows the American way of striving to make life better, and one way the citizens were successful. The contraption works by cutting the wheat with a blade (picture five), pulling it in by the leading blades (also picture five), from there a conveyor belt pulls the wheat up, bundles it with another blade (picture six), and spits it out.
- Main driver (large wheel) powers the mechanisms
- A total of twelve gears
- A total of five blades (four in front, one on top by the farmer)
- Smooth gearing adds for play experience
- A must have for inventors, agriculturalists, and Lego fans
If you like this, check out my other creations!