Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
This submission is based on the classic designs of five of my favorite LEGO Space computers from the 1980s!
These computers are a staple for me when building MOCs. Nothing beats their simplistic and compelling designs. I initially built these to hang on my wall in my LEGO Room, but thought they were super effective with their UCS-like display stands which showcase the original LEGO elements these builds are based on.
After building these, I've found that with a little imagination, you can stick them almost anywhere to "secure" your belongings with a computer interface too!
I think this would make a great LEGO set for the following reasons:
- Nostalgia Value
- Everyone loves harking back to their favorite moments, and these large-scale representations of Classic Space computers scratches that itch for me.
- Attractive Display Objects
- Even if you don't have the history with these designs, you can appreciate their beauty as-is when displayed on a wall or desk.
- Build Options
- I think this would make a great multi-build set, like the 3-in-1 sets, etc. Many of the same pieces can be used in unique ways to build different designs.
- Including parts of different colors, you could make these in any color you wish. I chose blue backgrounds, but most of these computers came in other colors as well, so you could include parts to make grey, white, etc.
- Simple, but Elegant
- The vast majority of parts used to build these computers are "standard" LEGO elements, so these are not intimidating or overly complex builds.
If you're like me, and have a great fondness for Classic Space, I can imagine that having a couple of these hanging on your wall would be pretty satisfying.
If this submission makes it to 10,000 supporters, I will freak right out.
PS: As far as I can tell, LEGO doesn't make round 1x1 tiles in Green, which is why I had to use Lime ones for some of my buttons. If this submission got turned into a set and we got Green 1x1s out of it, that alone would be worth it! Am I right or am I right!?