Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
When I was a child, I never owned a proper Lego castle, despite loving all kinds of novels, tales and legends about medieval knights and their heoric adventures. As a result, I started building a variety of different castles in all shapes and sizes with the limited amount of Lego bricks I owned. Now, as an AFOL, who is still quite fond of medieval tales, I decided to make my childhood-self's dream a reality and build the Lego castle I would have loved to own as a child: "The King's Castle"!
"The King's Castle" is a combination of both realistic historic castle elements and rather nonsensical but cool looking design elements typical to fantasy castles. It thus is the perfect combination of display value and playability. The castle comes with 6 minifigures and a horse!
"The King's Castle" contains everything a real Lego castle needs! The whole layout was designed to follow a typical historical castle design pattern that includes an outer bailey and a fortified keep on a hill with a main tower and the lord's palas.
The outer bailey contains:
- the main gate with a working drawbridge and a working portcullis
- the stable
- the blacksmith's shop
- a wood covered battlement
- a weapons' rack
- a cellar with vine barrels and chests
- the dungeon
- a moat
The keep contains:
- a bridge and a small gate house
- the main tower
- the king's palas with a throne and a trapdoor
The castle was designed in a way that allows ideal playability: The modular design of the castle makes it easy to remove all roofs to grand access to the rooms below:
- The floor of the battlements can be removed to grand access to the blacksmith's shop and the stable area
- The whole keep can be removed to grand access to the cellar and the dungeon
- The top of the tower and the roof of the palas can be removed to grand access to the interior of the buildings of the keep
The build consists of 2920 pieces and comes with 6 minifigures!
- a king
- a fair maiden
- a heroic knight
- 2 guards
- and 1 servant