Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
This is a simple model of big jumbo jet inspired by Boeing 747. NASA used it for transporting space craft for thirty years. This is an iconic plane. The aircraft are four-engine intercontinental-range, swept-wing "jumbo jets" that entered service in 1969.
According NASA features that distinguish this plane from standard 747 jetliners are:
- Three struts with associated interior structural strengthening protrude from the top of the fuselage (two aft, one forward) on which the orbiter is attached.
- Two additional vertical stabilizers, one on each end of the standard horizontal stabilizer, to enhance directional stability.
- Removal of all interior furnishings and equipment aft of the forward No. 1 doors.
- Instrumentation used by flight crews and engineers to monitor orbiter electrical loads during the ferry flights and also during pre - and post - ferry flight operations.