The Flying Dutchman
Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
According to legend, the Dutchman is the fastest ship both on and beneath the sea. Sailors would say it rises from the ocean depths, with its seaweed covered sails and barnacle encrusted timbers, striking fear into those unfortunate to cross its path.
- 7 mini-figures: Davy Jones, Maccus, Hadras, Bootstrap Bill, Koleniko, Jimmy Legs, and Penrod (I'm hoping LEGO can use the textures from the video game for these, and the necessary headwear/chestpieces)
- Two decks with cannons
- Two triple-barrelled chasers in the bow (can be slid back and forth!)
- Two functioning anchors
- Capstan hammer (can be detached to allow for more room)
- Removable poop deck to reveal the captain’s cabin with the pipe organ
- Rudder and turning helm
- Custom hand-drawn stickers for cannon ports
Number of Pieces Used: 2556 (including mini-figures)
Dimensions: Length 66.6 cm x Width 21.6 cm x Height 53.5 cm
I built this model from scratch with LDD in roughly one year after I was inspired by a few concepts of this ship online. I had fallen in love with it in the Pirates of the Caribbean film series, and it occurred to me that LEGO had never released it along with the Black Pearl, Queen Anne’s Revenge or the Silent Mary. Determined to build the ship myself, I embarked on an exciting, challenging but rewarding journey to produce a model that the LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean product line deserves. It would make a great set for all the fans out there, who have dreamt of this ship becoming a reality for many years now, and wish to add it to their fleet.
If you like this project, please support and share with friends/family and on social media! Thank you!