Ole Kirk's Big Red Fire Truck
Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Everyone needs a big red fire truck
This set is inspired by an early wooden fire truck by Lego founder Ole Kirk Christiansen from the 1930s. This truck was recently featured on Lego’s Instagram channel alongside some of the other early wooden toys.
Some of the interesting details:
- Simple colour scheme of bright red, silver, wood tone and yellow – similar to the original wooden toy.
- Wheels, ladder and fire hose all operate.
- Ladder uses basic Technic connectors so it can be angled up.
- Fire hose uses a rope and is mounted on a reel for storage.
- Firemen have turn of the century metallic silver uniforms.