Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
This is a mobile platform used for slow motion sequences with attached camera, such as a mobile phone.
Features consisting of:
* simple & flexible design
* JOBY Gorillapod used as mount for heavy DSLR, could be replaced if only phone is used.
* dolly assembly
* Trailer end (fixed width)
* Tractor end, not rigidly attached, so it can point in any direction, ie doesn't have to be a straight line
* camera. There is enough torque on the ridiculously geared down small electric motor to haul a DSLR,
Here is a test video:
Future features to be considered:
* implement safety features - collision detection (motor stop) + cliff sensor
* robotic control of single steering (for more repeatable sequences)
* multiple steering wheels
* camera tilt
* inverted gondola mode
Gear ratio turns drive very slowly