Yoda's Jedi Interceptor
Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Travel with Yoda in his Jedi Interceptor! As seen in the epic series finale of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Jedi Master Yoda flies his custom-made Jedi Interceptor to mysterious worlds to learn secrets of the Force. With its opening cockpit, folding wings, and R2-D2 in the astromech socket, he travels to the ancient Sith homeworld, Moraband, where Darth Sidious waits to attack him! Can Yoda destroy the Sith once and for all? Or will he be forced to flee in his Jedi Interceptor? You decide!
- Includes 3 minifigures: Yoda (Season 6 redesign), Darth Sidious (Clone Wars), and R2-D2!
- Accessories include: Yoda's lightsaber with green blade, Darth Sidious' lightsaber with gold hilt and red blade, and two Force lightning elements!
- Jedi Interceptor features four folding wings, opening cockpit, astromech socket, two laser cannons, two engines, and working control levers!
- Contains 206 pieces!
- Measures approximately 5.35 inches (13.6 cm) long, 5.04 inches (12.8 cm) wide, and 2.83 inches (7.2 cm) tall (wings open)!
This was a tricky model to design, simply because of the size of the vehicle. This model is not to the correct scale, but it's as close as I could get without sacrificing detail or stability. Also, the shape of the vehicle is irregular, making its design even more difficult. Each wing is attached only by one clip, and the hinge piece used to make the axis of rotation at an angle can still move. Also, in order to fit R2-D2 into the astromech socket, one of the clips at the top of the model will have to be detached. The control levers are too close together for Yoda to grab, and the cockpit is too small to seat regular minifigures. In spite of all these setbacks, I believe this is a great model. People will enjoy swooshing the Jedi Interceptor around and pitting Yoda and Darth Sidious against each other in lightsaber combat!
For the Yoda minifigure, to avoid creating a new head mold, LEGO could use either the head used in Duel on Geonosis (2013) or the Clone Wars Yoda head in olive green. Because his lightsaber blade is shorter than everyone else's in the movies, I decided to use a length-three bar as opposed to length-four. The latter would be fine, but the former I think would be more accurate.
A Clone Wars-style Darth Sidious minifigure has not yet been created. In keeping with the design of the series, he will have a dark blue torso and legs and a brown hood and cape. His head would be reversible. One side would depict him either laughing or snarling with the top half of his face shaded by the hood. The other side could depict the face of Chancellor Palpatine as seen in Republic Attack Cruiser (2009).
Please support this project, and feel free to make suggestions in your comments!