Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Last Updated . Click "Updates" above to see the latest.
Description for TV
In my debut Lego Ideas project, I have brought a model that combines both function and display. This model is based on a classic American television. The main atraction of the project is it's scrolling sreen. I first got the idea for this model at a toy store a couple of years ago when I remember seeing a non-LEGO scrolling TV that used a similar function.
- Scrolling screen depicting a car driving in hilly terain across a sunny, blue sky horizon
- Working on/off knob
- 10 1/2 inches wide and 9 inches tall (Not including movable antenna)
- 1 power functions battery box
- 1 power functions medium motor
- About 1,200 parts
- Back panel and roof open for easy access
- Great display piece!
How it works:
The model is relativley simple in design but took a long time to perfect. The screen part is made out of SNOT (Studs Not On Top) bricks that are attached to holes on the large variety of Lego technic treads. One challenge that I encountered while building was how to prevent gaps in between the panels. A simple fix was created by alternating 1x1 and 1x2 segments. Another intersting part is how you turn it on.
If you did read all the way through, thanks, and make sure to hit that support button to make this project a reality!
To help me gain supporters, please share with friends, family, and on social media!
P.S. If you have any questions or suggestions, please put them in the comment section below!