Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
Last Updated . Click "Updates" above to see the latest.
- Shuttle2 Program is composed of a fleet of 15+ Shuttles, as
opposed to the original Space Shuttle Program which was bottlenecked by one
usable vehicle at any given period.
- Shuttle2 is a single-stage-to-orbit reusable launch system,
as opposed to the bulky and wasteful multi-phase system with disposable booster
rockets with a single lifespan.
- Shuttle2 has an in-place (Harrier Jump Jet-like) horizontal
take off methodology, as opposed to the vertical launch which requires
excessive support infrastructure (tower/crawler-transporter) and excessive
energy. Landing system also allows for planetary landings without runway.
- Shuttle2 is powered by Ultra High-Density Lithium-Composite
electric supply banks rechargeable by abundant light and solar radiation
present in space, as opposed to caustic fossil fuels that can only be refilled
on Earth. The black of the model represents in-material solar energy generation
- Shuttle2 has a robust outer shell that can endure multiple
exit and entries through the atmospheres of countless planets, as opposed to
the fragile ceramic tiles of the original Shuttle that led to numerous
disasters. Note that Shuttle2 only has windows below it’s armored shell, which
can be utilized once in space, and the plane is visually operated by an
interior VR display system.
- Shuttle2 has the ability to reach speeds up to 400K mph vs.
the original Shuttles orbital speed of 17K mph, for example, shortening the
travel time to mars from 8 months to 1 month.
- Shuttle2 has a cargo bay with drop ramp for rover
- Shuttle2’s Canadarm (remote-controlled mechanical arm/crane)
is located in the planes nose to maximize payload capacity in the cargo bay.
- Mars Colony Laboratory
- Mars Terrestrial Station + Inhabitants
- Specialty rovers (e.g., construction, science, transport,
- Mini Shuttle2