Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
- This is a dome with smooth surfaces, even if it is made only of rectangular bricks. It is a true dome also for an engineer: the distribution of the strength is the same of the reality.
- When I studied architecture, I learnt that the ancients were able to build their arches with the help of little wedges between the stones: why can't we do the same? I began to build an arch, then I tried a dome with a hole in the middle, like those in Rome. I found that I could insert the thin central pieces into the juts of the bricks of each diagonal arch.
- I think that this simple dome is interesting because it shows the potential of LEGO. An imaginative child can easily transform this idea in a Moorish or Gothic arch, with a lot of fun!