Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.”
This LEGO Ideas set proposal is based on Stanley Kubrick’s 1968 classic, 2001: A Space Odyssey. Widely regarded as one of the greatest and most influential films ever made, 2001: A Space Odyssey’s impact can still be felt across cinema and pop culture today. More than 50 years after its release, it is still considered one of, if not, the greatest sci-fi movie ever made, being noted in particular for its scientifically accurate depiction of spaceflight, groundbreaking special effects, and breathtaking imagery. Not only that, but the film translates quite well into LEGO form, with its iconic ship designs and scenes. Such a monumental and groundbreaking film is one that I believe truly deserves to be memorialized in LEGO form. As a result, I want to give 2001: A Space Odyssey the justice it deserves with this LEGO Ideas project.
- A large scale model of the Space Station V.
- A small diorama of the alien monolith present at the dawn of man.
- A display stand with room for 4 Minifigures, consisting of Dr. David Bowman, Dr. Frank Poole, HAL 9000 (represented by a print on a 1x3 plate) and Star Child (i.e., the baby floating in space in the iconic closing images of the film).
- Total part count: 1,569 pieces
- Space Station V measures 18.2" long, 18.2" wide and 9.1" high.
- Includes a total of 6 Minifigures: Dr. David Bowman, Dr. Frank Poole, HAL 9000, Star Child and 2 Apes.
Please support and share this model if you would like to see it get the chance of being made into an official LEGO set. Thank you for your support and consideration.