Help your fellow builder by leaving your feedback based on these three criteria:
- Originality: How original is this - never seen before?
- Building Techniques: How much skill do you think the creator of this MOC has, in terms of building technique?
- Details: Express how much you like the details of the build.
Your feedback is only shown to the creator as well as yourself. It is not available for other users to see. The creator won't see your user name.
This LEGO Ideas set is based on one of my favourite Disney movies: Atlantis: The Lost Empire.
Set in the early 1900’s, the film follows a young linguist named Milo Thatch who dreams of one day fulfilling his grandfather’s dream of finding the lost city of Atlantis.
One of the most iconic machines from the film is Gaetan "Mole" Moliére’s tunnelling earth Digger. A massive vehicle like a tank or locomotive with a huge spinning, churning drill at the front with many teeth. This vehicle is by far the largest of the expedition convoy and was used up until the discovery of the city.
My design of this set features the following:
- Milo Thatch, Gaetan "Mole" Moliére the expeditions’ geologist, Audrey Ramirez the expeditions’ mechanic, an expedition solider and two mask-wearing Atlanteans including Princess Kida as minifigures
- Rubber tank-treads at the front of the vehicle that turn as the digger moves forward
- The large rear wheels are attached to a differential and drive the drill rotation. This is engaged by a switch on top of the back of the digger
- As the digger moves forward the front section of the drill rotates counter-clockwise and the rear section rotates clockwise by means of a technic turntable
- The top of the front of the digger has storage compartments for two tool crates
- The roof of each cabin can be removed easily for playability
- The rear engine bay can open up to reveal valves and dials
The model contains approximately 1300 pieces.
Please check out some more sets based on the movie on my page and thank you for your support!