As our partners at Unity say, “The world is a better place with more creators in it.” In this contest we’re looking for gaming enthusiasts to release their inner game creator!
Never built a game? No probs! The free LEGO Microgame from Unity is exactly what you need to get started. Are you an advanced game developer? Bring it on and show your skills as the LEGO Microgame offers unlimited creative possibilities, so treat it like any other game project, but with LEGO bricks in it. Are you a keen Studio builder? Import your builds to the game. We can assure you - you’ll never run out of bricks.
Once you've built your game, come back to LEGO Ideas and show off your game! Create a trailer, make posters, share screenshots. Make your game look as interesting as possible!
Besides two grand winners and two runner-up winners, two entries in this contest will be randomly selected as winners too. No reason not to get involved!
By the way, EVERY participant will receive a custom, limited edition LEGO Unity Minifigure!
How to participate?
- New Users: On a laptop or personal computer, visit the dedicated LEGO Microgame page and click Get started at the top.
- Current Users: Make sure you have Unity 2019.4 LTS → open the Unity Hub (v2.4.2 or later) → select the Learn tab → pick LEGO Microgame
- You need to publish your LEGO Microgame creation on the Unity Play platform (https://play.unity.com) then share the game link when submitting your entry to this contest.
- Build any game you like! The 2 most creative and 2 randomly chosen entries will be picked as winners.
- Submit a trailer, make posters, share screenshots of your game in your submission.
How to get started?
We highly recommended checking Unity Learn Beginners Mods to explore customization of your LEGO Microgame: https://learn.unity.com/project/lego-template
You must be age 18+ to download and create with the LEGO Microgame, so younger creators bring in your family members to build it together.
Each of the two Grand Prize winners will receive the following:
- 51515 LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Robot Inventor
- 71374 Nintendo Entertainment System™
- 71360 Adventures with Mario Starter Course
- 71369 Bowser’s Castle Boss Battle Expansion Set
- 1-year Unity Pro subscription
- Unity Microgames Premium Asset Bundle
- Unity Asset Store voucher – 200$
ENTRY DEADLINE: Submit your entry no later than March 15th, 2021 at 6:00 a.m. EST. If you’re not sure what time zone you’re in, here’s a time zone converter.
What are you waiting for?
Head on over to the contest page to read the contest rules and get started! And good luck! If you have any questions drop them in the comments down below.
- new contest
- create game