Welcome to LEGO Ideas!
Today we are happy to invite you to join LEGO Ideas; a continuation of the former LEGO CUUSOO experience, more closely integrated with the LEGO experience online.
In the fall of 2008, CUUSOO Systems and the LEGO Group teamed up to launch the LEGO CUUSOO crowdsourcing experiment. Initially, the site was only available in Japanese. But the promising results from the pilot led to the launch of the international LEGO CUUSOO beta site in the fall of 2011. The LEGO Group is very happy to announce that the partnership with CUUSOO Systems, has been such a success that we have decided to integrate the CUUSOO concept more closely into the LEGO experience called LEGO Ideas. We are grateful for the many years of collaboration and experimentation between our two companies and wish CUUSOO Systems continued success, building CUUSOO as an open crowdsourcing platform for brands to connect with their fans on cuusoo.com.
All projects, supports, comments, profiles, and other data from LEGO CUUSOO have been automatically migrated to LEGO Ideas. You can sign in to LEGO Ideas with a LEGO ID, find your old LEGO CUUSOO account, and connect to it after clicking a confirmation link we will send you via email. You will need access to the email address associated with your LEGO CUUSOO account in order to access your old profile and projects on LEGO Ideas.
The LEGO CUUSOO domain will redirect to LEGO Ideas for 6 months. During that time, this blog will remain online as an archive and links to your projects on LEGO CUUSOO will automatically redirect to your project pages on LEGO Ideas. We recommend you update links to your projects because after November 1, 2014, all links to LEGO CUUSOO will stop redirecting.
What’s different on LEGO Ideas?
- Your project now has one year from the day you post it to reach 10,000 supporters. Projects that don’t reach 10,000 supporters within 365 days of being posted will automatically expire and no longer accept new supporters. If this happens, you’re welcome to re-submit the project and work to gain 10,000 fresh supporters again within a one year period. Projects carried over from LEGO CUUSOO will keep their existing supporters and have until May 1st, 2015 to qualify.
- If you are between 13-18 years old you can now create and submit projects. If your project reaches 10,000 supporters, we will require written permission from a parent or legal guardian before your project is considered in the LEGO Review.
- Introducing “Clutch Power.” As you participate on LEGO Ideas, you will earn points and badges that become your "Clutch Power". The more you support, share, or create, the higher your Clutch Power points will be, and the more badges you will earn.
Other Guidelines Changes
From time to time we may update the Project Guidelines and House Rules; here are a few other notable updates on LEGO Ideas:
- Projects can no longer be edited after you submit them. However you’re welcome to add updates to your project to refine or improve the initial concept. These appear in the new Updates tab.
- We no longer allow mockups of LEGO product boxes (“box art”) or marketing materials in your images. Mocked-up box art confuses people into thinking your project is something they can buy right now.
- You may only submit images which belong to you. This means no images created by others online, for example screen shots from a movie or TV show.
What you see today on LEGO Ideas is just the beginning. Over time, we are looking forward to adding new ways for you to participate with us in co-creating LEGO products together on LEGO Ideas.
LEGO Ideas Team